The park is owned by Stafford Borough Council and belongs to the people of Stafford, for their peaceful enjoyment.
Working in partnership with the Borough Council, our aim is to improve, protect and market the park as a community space in the heart of Stafford Town.
Our activities involve;
- helping to develop maintenance and management plans
- acting as a community voice
- planting trees, shrubs, flowers and helping to create play areas, seating and other facilities
- conducting regular walkabouts
- organising activities that encourage local residents to use the park.
Since our creation in 2008 the group has achieved many things. Our most recent achievements include;
- planting a wildlife hedge along the South Street boundary of the park
- re-planting of the centre bed within the sensory garden
- helping to secure green flag status for the park 6 years running
- organising Easter egg hunts, bat walks and wildlife talks.
If you would like to join and help us why not come along to our next meeting? We’ll look forward to seeing you. Check out the events calendar for our meeting dates and locations.
Contact us at; firstname.lastname@example.org